Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine Craftiness

My kids think that every holiday is a major holiday. Valentines Day, St Patricks Day...they even tried to talk me into celebrating Presidents Day with presents.


Squirt isn't so much into the candy. And we tried to stay away from too much candy this year anyway. So i made toys for them. Loveys, softies. Squirt got a doll shaped one with plastic sewn inside to make it crinkle, and ribbon tags all over it. It is flannel on one side and terry cloth on the other. She likes how the terry cloth feels on her teething gums.

Then they all got heart friends.

This one is my favorite! I didn't want to do more skull stuff for the boy so it became a pirate heart!

And I bought a bow tie pattern from Crab Apple Attic. I didn't have enough of the red to do both sides so I though I would make it reversible. Yeah--except I can't tie it right and you can totally tell because of the reverse fabric!
So this bow tie has become his dog's bowtie and we are going to pick out fabric for a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment