Sunday, February 7, 2010

Valentine Shirts

My kids love any excuse for new clothes. Valentine's Day is one of those excuses. They each picked what they wanted on their V-Day shirt.

Munchkin picked a snail. Not quite sure how Valentiney that is but we made it work...eventually.
The design changed many times and I had to pick the whole shell out and start over once. Not fun! But cute and I even had enough ruffle left to do the collar. She loves it! GOAL!

I didn't tell the Boy what I was putting on his shirt knowing that he would say 'skulls.' Pretty soon every thing he owns will have skulls on it! So how do you tie skulls into Valentines?
Like that! And he loves it!

I love the look of argyle but have found it mostly on boys sweater vests. So I girled it up and I love it. Squirt doesn't seem to care what she wears. I need to work on the stitching a bit for next time.


Thumbelina is always a challenge. Most things I make for her go a little something like this:
She loves it when I talk to her about it.
She loves it when I cut it out.
She loves it while I am sewing it.
She cries when I am done and she realizes she has to wear it!
ARG!!!
(Most of these are fixed by simply telling her I will never sew for her again and refitting said item for her younger sister.)
But really, I was pretty sure I couldn't go wrong with pink and hearts and flowers.
I was right! She wants to wear it to church and to school and ... well, everywhere! This shirt is from Old Navy and she's only worn it once when it ogt a small hole right in the front. So I covered the hole with a heart. Problem fixed!
I am pretty sure their St. Pat's shirts from last year will still fit--so I just have to find something green for Squirt.

1 comment:

  1. I just love that skull shirt! I think any boy would think it was sooo cool! :)

    ReplyDelete