Thursday, January 14, 2010

So Much In My Head

There is so much that I want to do...so much stuff to make. I just have to get it out of my head and made. It is a challenge for me, and I get so much satisfaction out of a project finished. I want a separate place that I can release my crafting insanity. So welcome to the new blog. I am trying to get some more things in my shop and refashioning all my old clothes for my girls. I knew there was a reason I had three girls. Thankfully ET will still let me sew some stuff for him. So right now, I am working on Valentine shirts and ET's birthday shirt--a skull with flames--what else? But my goal is to make them without buying anything. I am decorating with all the leftover stuff from last year:
My favorite thing to do is turn my old shirts into tunics/dresses for Thumbelina and Munchkin. So easy and so fast--and NO hemming! This is the one I made yesterday:
My craft room right now is the dining room table, a bookcase in the dining room, a closet in the playroom, and totes and bags in the storage/guest room. So everytime we want to use the table, I have to pack up all my stuff and move it. And if I get distracted half way through a project, there are scissors, pins and more scissors lying around for the kids to get into. So I wrangled the storage/guest room for my craft room! I took apart the bed today and finally set up the table my parents bought me for my birthday. Isn't it pretty?
Now I don't have to unplug my sewing machine everytime the dishwasher is on or if I need to iron. I don't have anywhere to store the bottom of the bed frame until Squirt is ready to use it so it has become my idea board.
And since I don't have a chair, I claimed one of our folding ones and recovered the seat. I got to use my staple gun--hubby will be so proud!

So now I just have to get the storage stuff organized so we can throw it up in the attic and then the room is all mine! (with the small exception of the kids' computer.) And the best part is the room has a key lock on the door. So if I am in the middle of a project and have to leave, like to make dinner or something, I can just lock the door and know it will be safe until I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment